LFA Trainer of the Month for June: Michele Sotak
The LFA Trainer of the Month is designed to help you get to know the trainers behind one of the greatest educational resources at Life Fitness: Life Fitness Academy (LFA). Our June 2016 Trainer of the Month is Michele Sotak. Michele is an LFA Master Trainer based in Chicago. She has some great tips, tricks, and insider knowledge in store for you this month, including custom workouts, post-workout treats, tips for Life Fitness product usage, and more. Let’s get to know Michele.
What do you do with LFA?
My job with LFA consists of traveling to facilities and training staff on Life Fitness products, which includes everything from how to maximize the state-of-the-art technology on the cardio equipment to proper usage of the entire line of strength training equipment. I’m also involved with video shoots for our YouTube channel, an exercise library which users can access for ideas on how to work out on our equipment. It’s truly rewarding to represent Life Fitness and Hammer Strength.
How do you spend your time when you aren’t working with LFA?
Outside of Life Fitness, I am an independent private trainer in downtown Chicago. I enjoy training a variety of people, including women who compete in fitness competitions, athletes, weight loss-focused clients, and older adults. Outside of work, I’m usually in the gym, dancing, or playing sports.
What’s your best-kept fitness secret?
My best-kept secret is that I eat healthy 95% of the time, but the other 5% I will reward myself with a nice treat. Chicago has a lot of great restaurants, so when I’m not whipping up a healthy meal at home, I’m out exploring the city’s spots.
What’s your favorite piece of Life Fitness equipment?
For training clients, the SYNRGY 360 system, especially in small group training settings. Everyone can train on it, from athletes to the deconditioned.
For personal workouts it’s the dual adjustable cable pulley (DAP). I can work every single muscle group on the DAP and conduct my entire workout on one piece.
Do you have a fun fact for us?
In 2009, I was a professional football player for a Legends Football League team as a kicker and wide Receiver. Also, I finished the Hot Chocolate 5K in under 20 minutes.
More questions for Michele? Tweet them to @LifeFitness with #LFAToTM and stay tuned—we’ll be hosting a Q&A via social media later this month.